The international policy of the IdA fits into the project of creating a Euro-American teaching space expressed in the establishment of twelve hubs across the American continent. The IdA, with the cooperation of universities in its network, contributes to developing a reflection on dual degrees and to facilitating exchanges between universities, professors and students from the Americas and Europe.
The IdA has established 12 centers across the Americas whose missions are to:
- Spread and promote French research and higher education teaching on the Americas,
- Be a place for exchanges between European and American experts,
- Promote the activities of IdA’s network members and its scientific policy.
Functioning of the centers
The centers are coordinated by the laureates of the doctoral contracts “Institut des Amériques”. The doctoral laureate resides 8 months per year on the site that their are coordinating, enabling them to become familiar with activities related to the dissemination and the promotion of research by engaging in scientific and partnership actions. The coordinator collaborates with local actors and with IdA’s international relations team.
Centers to be renewed for the 2022-2025 period:
- Southern Cone Center (Centre Franco Argentin des Hautes Études (CFA) à Buenos Aires)
- California Center (Latin American Institute, University of Los Angeles à Los Angeles)
- Texas Center (University of Texas à Austin)