This committee aims at promoting Americanist research, conducted in France, in social sciences and humanities.
To achieve this goal, it counts with:
• Research tools for the Americas Institute's academic network (Directories, Newsletters, digitising book collections)
• New ways of promoting research (video programs, particularly with "Entrevue" and "Avis d'Expert")
The Directories help identify the network's experts according to theirs research specialties, but also Americanist's institutions and universities. There are four newsletters, with different sending time basis :
- Les actualités de l'IdA : weekly. News about events, organized or financed by the Americas Institute, as well as those taking place in its premises.
- La Lettre de l'IdA : twice in a year. News about institutional events, network's current and future projects, as well as actions implemented.
- Les échos des Amériques : four times a year. News about Americas Institute's twelwe international centers' activity
- Transaméricaines : updating with the Internet users' contributions. News about current americanist research in France. Transaméricaines is a special area to promote works and projects for the stakeholders willing to present theirs searches.
The new ways of promoting research, including videos, intend to underline network and Institute's promoting work and to contribute to the increase in digital platforms' contents. Two new video formats have been recently created : "Avis d'Expert" and "Entrevue".